An effort to present as many public readings of Belarus Free Theater’s Being Harold Pinter in as many places as possible in January 2011 to help raise awareness and support for democracy in Belarus.
Belarus: where is it? HERE. Now you know.
Why this site?
“The violent crackdown on the post-election protests in Minsk on 19 December, 2010 came as a symbolic ‘closing’ of the brief period of relative liberalisation, which Belarus enjoyed since 2008.” As part of this crackdown, over 600 people were arrested including theater artists of the company Belarus Free Theater. We at Skewed Visions started this page as a centralized source of information about the Free Belarus project.
What can you do?
- Find out more by clicking on the links at the left.
- Present a public reading or staging of Belarus Free Theater’s Being Harold Pinter in January 2011.
- Attend one of these public presentations.
- Sign the petition here now.
- Call your elected representatives and urge them to take action now.
- Join our Facebook group for updates here.
- Contribute information, images and links through the Facebook group.
- Document and report back on your experience with Being Harold Pinter.
Being Harold Pinter was adapted and directed by Vladimir Shcherban and produced by Nikolai Khalezin and Natalia Kolida.